Established on SSE International Forum’s (SSEIF) initiative in 2014, the International Leading Group on Social and Solidarity Economy (ILGSSE) is an informal platform for discussion and exchanges of best practices relating to social and solidarity economy.
– Promote social and solidarity economy internationally, make this form of entrepreneurship more accessible and increase its inclusion in the implementation of public policies;
– Submit tangible proposals for the growth of SSE to national and international bodies
– Integrate SSE into a new development model and in the development of solutions related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
– States: Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Greece, Luxembourg, Morocco
Observer Members: Quebec, Senegal
– International organizations: United Nations Inter-Agency Task force on Social and Solidarity Economy (UNTFSSE) whose members are UNRISD, UN-NGLS, ILO, UNDP, UN DESA, OECD, UNCTAD, ECLAC, FAO, WHO, UNEP, UNESCO, UNIDO, UNECE, ESCWA, UN-Habitat, Un Women, WFP, TDR, UNAIDS.
– SSE organizations: SSE International Forum (SSEIF), International Co-operative Alliance (ICA), International Association of Mutual Benefit Societies (IAM), International Association of French-Speaking Mayors (IAFM), Global Fund for Cities Development (FMDV), Global Social Economy Forum (GSEF), Intercontinental Network for the Promotion of Social Solidarity Economy (RIPESS).
The Leading Group is chaired by a State – currently France – and is coordinated by a permanent secretariat composed of SSE International Forum and the French Office of the High Commissioner for Social and Solidarity Economics and Innovation of the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition. The secretariat organizes the annual working sessions and the implementation of the initiatives decided by the group.
The mode of organization and functioning of the Leading Group has been specified in a vade-vecum, adopted by its members during a meeting organized in the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Quai d’Orsay) in June 2016.