ULESS, with the support of the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social and SolidarityEconomy, organized a seminar on “the role of public authorities in financing social entrepreneurship” on 6 and 7 July 2015. The discussion during these two days were very useful in identifying the different themes that will feed into the content of the conference of the Luxembourg Presidency of 3 and 4 December 2015.
Under the chairmanship of Mr Robert URBE (President of ULESS) and Mrs Nadine MULLER (Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social and Solidarity Economy), some 15 experts debated issues related to social and solidarity economy and social entrepreneurship financing:
– M. Uli GRABENWARTER (remuneration of social value and European Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI),
– Mme Antonella NOYA (Social Impact Bonds)
– Prof. Dr. Marie J. BOUCHARD (Schemes of financing the social and solidarity economy in Quebec)
– Mme Colette HARVEY (Socially responsible finance in Québec – Summary presentation)
– Mme Ariane RODERT (Building a Financial Eco-system for Social Enterprises)
– Mme Elinor DE PRET (Venture Capital)
– Mme Nicole ALIX (Social and Solidarity Finance – Tensions, Opportunities and Transformative Potential)
This seminar is part of the Luxembourg Presidency of the European Union and pursued the dual objective of analyzing the existing mechanisms for financing the social economy and social entrepreneurship and drawing up recommendations Improve the decision-making of investors and the transparency of information flows, taking into account the concerns of representatives of the social and solidarity sector.