The members of the scientific committee provide scientific input for events organized by the association SSE International Forum or events in which it takes part.
Their mission is to produce notes or research papers (articles, pre-reports, reports, essays …) in order to:
- Provide inputs for the brainstorming and position statements of the participants, especially on the occasion of the Mont Blanc Meetings;
- Select proposals for contributions and interventions and integrate them into the programming;
- Propose methodology for the facilitation of the workshops during the Mont-Blanc Meetings;
- Develop, present ideas and positions of members of SSE International Forum;
- Prepare documents to be disseminated to the press and the international interlocutors of the association.
For each event organized by SSE International Forum requiring scientific contribution, the Chairman of the Scientific Committee proposes to the Board members who, if they accept, become ad hoc members of the Scientific Committee (for the duration of the research and/or the writing of the expected documents for the event that justified their mobilization).
Committee members may be board members, member or exterior organizations of the association. All are researchers, academics, economists, sociologists, philosophers and SSE practitioners.
Today, the Scientific Committee is chaired by Professor Abdou Salam Fall, director of the Research Laboratory on Economic and Social Transformations (LARTES) in Senegal and coordinated by Mariyana Amova, PhD candidate at Paris 7 University.
For the 8th Mont-Blanc Meetings, it is composed of 17 members from 10 countries:
- Nicole Alix, President of the board, La Coop des Communs, Secretary of the Board, SSE International Forum, France
- Michel Bauwens, founder, P2P Foundation, Belgium
- Luis-Emilio Cuenca Botey, vice-Minister in charge of the SSE, Ministry of Labor, Costa Rica
- Claude Dorion, Director General, MCE Conseils, co-treasurer, SSE International Forum, Canada
- Omar El Jid, head of unit SSE, Migrations and Development, Morocco
- Jean Fabre, former director of communication, Program of the United Nations for the Development (UNDP), Switzerland
- Michel Griffon, Scientific advisor, National Agency for Research, France
- Cheikh Gueye, Coordinator, Environnement an Développement du Tiers Monde (ENDA), Senegal
- Thierry Jeantet, President of the board, SSE International Forum, France
- Paul Anthony Jones, Reader in the Social Economy, University John Moores, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Gérald Larose, President of the board, Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, vice-president of the board, SSE International Forum, Canada
- Myriam Matray, PhD in Economics, University of Lyon, France
- Laura Ortiz Rouzé, Partnership development manager, Fraveillance, France
- Marc Picard, Director general, Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins, Canada
- Jean Philippe Poulnot, Head of political partnerships, Up Group, President – Up Foundation, vice-president, SSE International Forum, France
- Sudha Reddy, Director, EcoFoundation for Sustainable Alternatives, India
Peter Utting, former director, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), Australia