The European Rescue Association SOS MEDITERRANEE is calling on citizens to take to the streets and form an “orange wave” on Saturday (October 6th) to show their support for the ship, threatened to stay at the dock soon due to recent attacks on its flag.
Citizen gatherings have already been confirmed at the initiative of SOS MEDITERRANEE or other associations in the following cities: Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Montpellier, Nimes, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Mouans-Sartoux, Orleans, Grenoble, Saint -Etienne, Mende, Rennes, Nantes, Saint-Nazaire, Brest, Quimper, Morlaix, Concarneau, Lille, Amiens, Ajaccio, Biarritz, Auxerre, Nyons, Vignan …
- Details of the location and schedule of these gatherings are available on the association’s website, under “Events” at the following address: http://www.sosmediterranee.fr/evenements/rassemblement-citoyen-pour-laquarius
- To organize an event, contact SOS MEDITERRANEE by facebook or the email address email@example.com
“Save the Aquarius and rescue at sea”: the petition collects 100,000 signatures in 4 days
Four days after its launch, the “Save Aquarius and Rescue at Sea” petition already collects more than 100,000 signatures on the European WeMove platform. This text which relays the call for mobilization of SOS MEDITERRANEE and its partner Médecins Sans Frontières, is now broadcast in 7 languages: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Greek and Portuguese. Citizens demand the states of Europe:
- That they take all necessary measures to allow Aquarius to resume its rescue mission as soon as possible;
- That they respect the duty of assistance to persons in distress at sea;
- That they assume their state responsibilities by establishing a real model of rescue in the Mediterranean.
The goal is to reach 1 million signatures! The mobilization continues, the petition can be signed by following this link: