From 17 to 22 October, 2016, the first Youth Pan-African Forum on SSE was held in Lomé, Togo, on the theme « African youth, actor of a human and solidarity development ».
Organized by the association APES Togo, member of the Mont-Blanc Meetings, the Forum brought together about thirty young entrepreneurs from Togo, Benin, Mali, Burkina-Faso, France, Italy and Canada. It offered the opportunity for participants to:
- have a global african understanding of the Social and Solidarity Economy concept;
- realize the urgency of pooling resources;
- understand the reasons that hinders the emergence of SSE organizations in Africa and questioning the utility of SSE for the continent’s development;
- exchange with the actors of the public sector who are responsible for mentoring entrepreneurs in Togo (ARMP, PRADEB CAJENT, MAEP PNPER);
- participate in the cooperation agreement signing ceremony between the italian association of international coopertaion COOPERMONDO and the Togolese government, for the launch of the National Promotion Program of Cooperative Entrepreneurship of Youth in Togo (of which the implementing phase will start on January 2017);
- set the basis for twinning between the young entrepreneurs of the APES network and the young members of the Italian banks of Crédit Coopératif (BCC) ;
The week, rich in sharing, was concluded by a joint declaration (in French).